It's Raining Postcards!

It's Raining Postcards!

OOOOk-lahoma, where the wind comes sweepin' down the plain


Since we are members at postcrossing our very first receiver Mark Y was kind enough to send us a thank you postcard. It reads: Hello thanks for the Charlotte card. I live in Texas and this Tornado is in Oklahoma...but we have many of them here in North Texas. Fortunately for me I have never seen one, but I have seen the damage one can do.

Mark Y, thank you so much. We have recently in Charlotte, NC had two scares with Tornadoes and our daughter is getting to the age where we can explain what these natural occurrences are. So thank you again for another teachable moment. I decided to show our daughter for the first time the Wizard of Oz and based on her reaction to the tornado portion (which was fine she was full of questions and not scared)I would go further and show her more info online. Since the movie was so long we will have to do the book and online portion tomorrow but she is very interested in the locations these occurrences happen in and wants to know more. Oh and I pulled up the song Oklahoma for her to hear and she thought it was silly. So from one postcard came many teachable moments, Thanks again.

PS we love the picture you drew on the written side of the rancher in a cowboy hat and boots saying Greetings from Texas!
0 Responses

Contact Us