It's Raining Postcards!

It's Raining Postcards!

The Indian Version...

Many thanks to a swapper by the name of Mrs. Amy B. We had a wonderful postcard exchange with you. This postcard you have sent us from Oklahoma features The Indian Version the the twenty- third Psalm:

The GREAT FATHER above a SHEPHERD CHIEF is.
I am His and with Him I want not.
He throws out to me a rope and the name of the rope is love
and He draws me to where the grass is green and the water is not dangerous,
and I eat and lie down and am satisfied.
Sometimes my heart is very weak and falls down
but He lifts me up again draws me into a good road.
His name is WONDERFUL .
Sometimes, it may be very soon, it may be a long long time,
He will draw me into a valley.
It is dark there, but I'll be afraid not,
for it is between those mountains that the SHEPHERD CHIEF will meet me
and the hunger that I have in my heart all through life will be satisfied.
Sometimes he makes the love rope into a whip,
but afterwards He gives me a staff to lean upon.
He spreads a table before me with all kinds of foods.
He puts His hand upon my head and all the " tired " is gone.
My cup he fills till it runs over.
What I tell is true. I lie not.
These roads that are "away ahead" will stay with me
through this life and after;
and afterwards I will go to live in the Big Teepee
and sit down with the SHEPHERD CHIEF forever.

Author Unknown 

 Many thanks for this teachable moment it is a great addition to our postcard collection and has facts for my child to keep with her for life, be well Mrs. Amy B.
0 Responses

Contact Us